Ghosts weigh down my sleep.
Some people call them memories recalled
in the depth of un-day, undulating
my body in its watery bed, the dark form
in the corner of my room. It doesn’t
frighten me, it doesn’t wear a rabbit suit,
but it stares me invisible until and while
It makes me ghost.
Unanchored, I float to your eye sockets
in search of refracted light within your reminisce.
The drowned Mediterranean sailor, searching
for his gold teeth so that he might again smile
and feel some anchor to his feverish grief.
A fading phoenix caged by oval chains
underneath the surface of belief
like a watery unlit cigarette which bleeds
but to bleed would mean to leave.
I find mixed messages and oxymorons
shallowly lapping in the depth of your mind
and I see that you’ve stared wide eyed
at the sun for much too long and now,
supernovas collapse on the back of your eyelids.
They cloud your sight and you only see through
a film, a different lens than I.
I am abnormal, an aberration because when you sleep,
you see stars and I see men driven mad by the haunting vocals
of thin-lipped sirens. They anchor themselves
deep to the ocean floor with jagged rocks braided
to their necks by a sailor’s noose, thick roped
and knotted tight so they can dive faithfully
into the sea, sinking, searching for something
that isn’t there.
I am more
of a ghost now than I’ve ever
Maybe so, just remember
that was me you saw, now as the sun wavers
distantly above in the grave freedom.
My thoughts anchored to this
where below is forever, the pool of reflection
the damned must writhe and stare into,
enduring the words the Ocean Echo sings,
seaweed haired horror,
with no knife to silence the lies.
Sartre spoke correct.
other people, is hearing the ghost
anchored to your flailing, fallen.
sand sunken shell.
There are stories whispered at dusk
by the cathead where the anchors,
all the flukes in the ship (in our lives),
are secured. Stories of men, ghosts
who drag themselves over the murky
ocean floor, with eyes wide shut
pursuing their voices, stolen, plucked
out of their throats by a giggling siren
who serenades just out of
I think I lost my voice
the first time you saw stars.
My story is buried now, the starlight
glimmers cannot reach the serenades
or the whispers of men who have words
worth listening to. All I have left are jangles
and lidless moans, it would be a cacophony
but my anchor lies alone, chuckling at me
with every mote of rust crawling across
its back. I mouth Coleridge to myself
to the sleep that will never come, but
I do see some stars, the creatures intrigued
by a wisping wallowing wight
shining in the sea.
The Shining of all the souls
trapped by the anchors
that they can
collaboration with the talented infinitesplinters.
tagged as: poetry. prose. creative writing. rejectscorner. collaboration. spilled ink. infinitesplinters. wildflowerveins. seaborne.
- maliajoes likes this
- divine-ecstasy likes this
- medmil likes this
- mango1054 likes this
- ihearmusic247365 reblogged this from wildflowerveins
- ihearmusic247365 likes this
- sarahvirgina likes this
- melissagdup likes this
- thesempiternalsea likes this
- perkynarna likes this
- leaveyouapen likes this
- yazziy likes this
- dustasdustasdust likes this
- w-i-t-s likes this
- iwearthesunalbeitblue likes this
- samiforeveram likes this
- joshuarobertlong likes this
- tariagibson likes this
- starrynightsky86 reblogged this from wildflowerveins
- starrynightsky86 likes this
- strawberrypiesforbreakfast likes this
- eyeobserve likes this
- hitchhikerhoney likes this
- phantasmagor1c likes this
- umustcreate likes this
- roggyscanvas likes this
- peppermint-ocean reblogged this from wildflowerveins
- courtneycoma likes this
- gagi-hendrix reblogged this from wildflowerveins
- ecanus reblogged this from wildflowerveins and added:
- ecanus likes this
- fallawakewithme likes this
- ambiguous-transparency likes this
- This was featured in #Poetry
- ordinarywonder likes this
- jayarrarr likes this
- bourgeoisie likes this
- twentysixscribbles likes this
- pinktubesocks reblogged this from wildflowerveins
- spsom likes this
- skieswithoutstars likes this
- artlessliving likes this
- mattsjustaroundthecorner likes this
- infinitesplinters reblogged this from wildflowerveins
- sampaguita-and-trillium likes this
- chimericalgirl said: Wow. I am speechless.
- chimericalgirl likes this
- sheddinpetals likes this
- breadelrey likes this
- aerialarchimedes likes this
theme by: heloísa teixeira